Separation of religion and State
As a Muslim woman, while stressing the need for separation of religion and state, and on behalf of a generation that has been defending the genuine Muhammadan Islam against fundamentalism and religious dictatorship for the past five decades, I declare:
1. We reject compulsory religion and any compulsion in religion. Despotism under the name of Islam, the medieval Sharia laws, and the excommunication of opponents whether Shiite or Sunni, are against Islam and the liberating Muhammadan religion.
2. In our view, the essence of Islam is freedom, freedom from all forms of compulsion, oppression and exploitation.
3. We follow the genuine Islam, the tolerant and democratic Islam, which defends popular sovereignty and gender equality.
4. We reject religious discrimination and will support the rights of followers of all religions and denominations.
5. Our Islam believes in brotherhood among all religions. Sectarian wars and sowing discord among Shiites and Sunnis are the sinister products of the fundamentalist regime in Iran which seeks to prolong its anti-Islamic and anti-human Caliphate.
Islam rejects all forms of religious strife and hostility. It defends freedom, compassion and tolerance.
Today, the Iranian regime, its militia and other vicious extremist groups justify their crimes under the name of Islam. They portray their own power struggle as a Sunni-Shiite conflict.
For a long time, no such war existed in our region until Khomeini seized power in Iran. He sowed the seeds of discord and fratricide by continuing the war with Iraq, with the motto of “liberating Quds (Jerusalem) via Karbala”, to expand his hegemony all over the region.
Inside Iran, he imposed dual oppression on the Sunnis by arresting and executing them and destroying their mosques, etc. On the eve of the holy month of Ramadan, the mullahs executed a political prisoner, who was a sports champion from Kurdistan.
In Iran, the mullahs have massacred the Shiite Mojahedin by the thousands because they unmasked their demagogy. Similarly, they stop at nothing to conspire against the combatants of freedom in Camp Liberty, including the continuing and criminal siege of the camp, and dispatching Intelligence Ministry teams to the gates of Camp Liberty for a psychological warfare and to prepare the grounds for another human catastrophe.
Therefore, both Shiites and Sunnis, have a common enemy: the fundamentalist theocracy ruling Iran.
Today, genuine Shiites are identified by their full-fledged enmity to the mullahs’ regime in Iran and their belief that Sunnis are their brothers.
Imam Ali has gone even further than the issue of Shiites, Sunnis and believers in any other ideology to say, “There are two types of people: Either your brethren in religion or like you in creation.”
So long as this regime is in power in Iran, the people of Iran and other nations in the Middle East will not enjoy freedom and democracy. This regime, which continues to persist on acquiring the nuclear bomb, despite opposition by the Iranian people and the international community, is a global threat.
The solution in Iraq is to evict the mullahs' forces, to empower Sunni power-sharing, and to arm the Sunni tribes.
The solution in Syria is to evict the Iranian regime’s forces and to support the people of Syria in overthrowing Assad's dictatorship.
The solution in Yemen is to stand up to Tehran, as the Arab coalition has already begun to do. This course of action must be sustained until the regime’s infiltration is rooted out across the region.
Indeed, the ultimate solution is to evict the Iranian regime from the entire region and to topple the Caliph of regression and terrorism ruling Iran”.