The Solution for Syria and Middle East Crisis
The time has come, however, to step up practical efforts to evict Tehran’s religious dictatorship from the entire region. To this end, on behalf of the Iranian people who have so far sacrificed 120,000 lives in the struggle against Tehran’s rulers, I would like to emphasize the need for the adoption of a decisive policy by the US, Europe and countries in the region, to take the following practical steps to put an end to the destructive war in Syria which has led to the displacement of half of that country’s populace. These are the desires of the people of Syria, the people of Iran and all the peoples of the region and the need for peace and tranquility in this part of the world:
1. Condemning the Iranian regime’s atrocities and meddling in Syria by the UN Security Council, UN member states and all other international bodies;
2. Expelling the Iranian regime from the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and cutting ties with the Iranian regime by Arab and Muslim countries following the decisions made by the OIC Islamic Summit Conference in Istanbul, until such time that the regime completely terminates its meddling in the region;
3. Providing broad-based political and financial backing to the democratic Syrian opposition, as well as fulfilling and supplying their essential military needs and weapons;
4. Adopting the necessary international measures to remove the Iranian regime’s forces and affiliated militias from Syria, and undertaking punitive measures including sanctions against the regime. If it refrains from removing its forces, all economic and political relations with the Iranian regime must be made contingent on ending its meddling in the region;
5. Excluding the Iranian regime from any negotiations over the Syrian crisis;
6. Fully implementing UN Security Council resolution 2231 through the adoption of effective practical measures to prevent the Iranian regime’s sending of arms to Syria, Iraq and terrorist groups;
7. Banning all deals and trade with IRGC-affiliated companies;
8. Banning all forms of cooperation and joint action with the IRGC and the militia under its command in Syria and Iraq under the pretext of fighting Daesh;
9. Establishing a no-fly zone in northern Syria to protect the civilian population and to provide help to asylum seekers and displaced refugees.
I have no doubt that regardless of their differences, countries in the region are able to join hand in hand with the Iranian people and Resistance, in order to put an end once and for all to the rule of the Velayat-e Faqih regime and turn the page in the history of this part of the world.
Speech of Maryam Rajavi in the conference of Solidarity with the Peoples of the Middle East -10 July 2016