Poisoning of female students continues in Qom, Tehran, Borujerd, Kermanshah and other cities
Traces of the crime which replace and supplement Guidance Patrols lead to Khamenei’s office, IRGC, suppressive organs
While three months have passed since the beginning of the chain of poisonings in girls’ schools in Qom, extending to Tehran and other cities such as Borujerd, Sari, Ardabil, Torbat Jam, Quchan, and Kermanshah, the regime authorities continue to lie and deceive public opinion about the crime. Today, the students in Khayyam High School were poisoned in Pardis of Tehran province, and as some were being dispatched to the hospital, others were chanting “Death to Khamenei.”
On Monday, many students from two girls’ primary schools in Kermanshah were poisoned and taken to the hospital. Majid Monemi, Political Deputy of the Governor of Lorestan, said on Sunday, February 26: “Today, following the poisoning of students in schools of Borujerd, 107 students were poisoned in the girls’ 15-Khordad high school and taken to the hospital”, reported Tasnim news agency, affiliated with the Quds terrorist force.
On Saturday, February 25, Entekhab state-run news agency reported that four students in Qom were taken to medical centers due to poisoning the previous day. After publishing news about the death of Fatemeh Rezaei, a poisoned student in Qom, the state-run news agency IRNA described the report as being fabricated by counter-revolutionary networks. Her family has been under pressure to repeat the stories produced by the regime.
The dimensions of the disaster are such that after three months of total denial, the regime is trying to protect the main culprits by admitting to parts of the crimes committed. The state-run website, Tabnak, February 27, quoted Yunes Panahi, the regime’s Deputy Minister of Health, as saying: “There were some who wanted all schools to be closed down, especially girls’ schools. So far, it has been established that the poisoning of the students in Qom schools was caused by chemical compounds accessible publicly.
According to the state-run website, Eqtesad Online, on February 26, Najafabadi, a member of the Health Committee of the regime’s parliament, had said: “Both in Qom and Borujerd, it was caused deliberately. The Minister of Intelligence took up the case, but unfortunately, no report has been submitted to the parliament”. Fatemeh Maqsudi, another parliament deputy from Borujerd, said: “The results of the inspection of the school’s CCTV cameras by the security forces show that the incident is not only not normal, but also intentional,” reported Ham Mihan state-run newspaper, February 27.
Tabnak state-run website, February 25, quoted a nightly distributed newsletter attributed to the Fadaian-e Velayat (crusaders of the regime’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei) group, reporting, “Study by girls are forbidden and if continued would be considered as waging war on Imam Zaman (Shiite 12th Imam) and threatened to spread the poisoning of girls all over Iran if the girls’ schools are not closed down”.
All the evidence indicates that the traces of this crime lead to the office of Ali Khamenei, the IRGC, and other suppressive organs and aimed to replace and complement the Guidance Patrol.
As Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran emphasized on February 27, we must act and protest about the poisoning of girls and the state of their education security, as in the case of the compulsory hijab. For the past three months, the innocent girls have been exposed to Khamenei’s revenge and his savage agents because of the uprising, which is reminiscent of the acid attacks on women that the regime initially denied.
The Women’s Committee of the National Council of Resistance of Iran urges the United Nations Special Rapporteur on violence against women to immediately notify the regime and investigate this matter. A visit by a United Nations delegation to Iran is urgent and necessary.
National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) – Women’s Committee
February 28, 2023