The mullahs’ regime efforts to cover the real dimensions of human and financial damage of the devastating flood
Pakpour, head of the Revolutionary Guard Corps ground forces, today unveiled in a telephone report to the Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces, IRGC Brigadier General Bagheri, some of the disastrous dimensions of the devastating flood and inaction of the mullah’s regime in confronting this catastrophe.
He said, “They said for two or three days that the flood is coming, evacuate, without any foreground without, for example, giving them a tent, now they evacuate, where to go, go on a mountain which is cold, now water has taken everywhere, there is no road, only an open gas road … Many villages, most of the villages have no road, there’s nothing, only with just a helicopter, some food is taken there …. Electricity is cut off because all cables have fallen.”
He added: “There are too many problems, there is no management. No government official dares to go there, it is terrible. God is witness that they are very angry. I have just been able to get out of their way. They are very upset. They are very angry. Well, they have a very terrible situation” (Tasnim News Agency, April 2, 2019)
This is while hours ago, Rahmani Fazli, the mullahs’ regime interior minister, said in a blatant lie: “From yesterday, I was pursuing relief to Poldokhtar minute by minute …in the middle of the night it became clear that, except for the problems caused by the damages due to the flooding and evacuation of some residential houses due to the flood for some of our citizens in Poldokhtar, no serious and specific human damage has been reported.”
Meanwhile, Morteza kashkouli, the commander of Lorestan IRGC, said: “About 600 houses in the southern part of Mamoulan have been completely submerged, also 30% of the city of Poldokhtar has been surrounded by water since last night …” and added in a flagrant lie, “But despite all these problems, fortunately, we have only witnessed one death in these areas.” He also implicitly blamed the people and said: “The main cause of the damage caused by the flood has been the mistakes of past years that have led to construction and cultivation in the riverbed.” (ILNA State News Agency)
In the meantine, the interior minister of the regime announced that “some areas of the Khuzestan river basin, especially the areas of Susangerd, Shoosh and Dezful” should be evacuated. However, it is unclear where the deprived people should go. He shamefully blamed the very people for financial and human losses and said: “Despite the anticipation and information and the allocation and equipping of some safe places, some of our fellow citizens preferred to stay in their homes or take refuge in the surrounding hills out of fear of flooding.”
“The order to evacuate the city of Fath ul-Mobin and all the villages in the river basin in Shush, Shushtar and Azadegan plain was issued and people were asked to go to safe havens and emergency camps,” the Revolutionary Guard Corps Fars News Agency said. But neither the Revolutionary Guards nor the mullahs’ interior minister said where these safe places and imaginary camps were.
Maryam Rajavi described the devastating flood and its victims and huge losses as a national catastrophe. The mullahs’ anti-human regime, its leaders and the Revolutionary Guards are responsible for the devastation of the environment, the destruction of forests, large-scale theft, the exhaustion of capital in suppression, terrorism and warfare, and leaving Iran against natural disasters defenseless.
She added that the facilities of the army and the IRGC, and all government facilities should be made available to the public. The regime must also open the way for international aid, but so far, it has closed the way for national and global aid.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
April 2, 2019